For Immediate Release Date: 7/1/2020
If we could ask kids around the world what they’re thinking and feeling right now, what would they say? Action for Media Education (AME) is inviting young people from 3-19 and their families to participate in an international online exhibit of creative work that reflects their lives in this time of COVID-19.
More than 40 countries are participating in the Corona Multimedia Showcase initiative. Now AME seeks contributions from young people across the United States.
The Showcase provides a platform for children, youth and their families to create and display media projects in a variety of formats. These projects will be digitally published on our Showcase website.
The Showcase is intended to provide young people around the world with the opportunity to:
- Express their thoughts, feelings and ideas
- Engage them in reflecting critically on their work and support their best efforts
- Help them share their experiences with other young people and their families around the world
- Provide a place for them to display their creative work and express their own unique voices
- Inspire hope and demonstrate that we will persevere, with our courage and creativity, during this crisis and into a new future
Please help us spread the word to your family, your community and those with whom you work.
- Submissions and participation are
- This is NOT a competition but a festival celebrating the creativity of children and youth throughout the world.
- The deadline for submissions is October 9, 2020. All projects (reviewed by a large group of experts) will be posted on the Showcase website by the end of October.
To submit an entry, find ideas and resources and join the conversation: Corona Multimedia Showcase
For more information, please contact: Marilyn Cohen, firstname.lastname@example.org